In Tech, there's no substitute for experience
19 April 2019
In Tech, there's no substitute for experience. However, certifications remain a valuable tool for advancing one's career. Employers want candidates with up-to-date knowledge and skills, and certifications demonstrate a person’s mastery of the respective subject. Eleven certifications emerged as the most valuable in Technology and one of them is related to agile project management.  
These are the most highly valued technology certifications today:
1. Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
2. AWS Certified Solutions Architect
3. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
4. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
5. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
6. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
7. CompTIA A+
8. Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
10. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
11. Project Management Professional (PMP)
If you're interested in learning about the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification, visit the Scrum Alliance.
Many employers prefer to hire certified professionals, especially those who also have college degrees and successful work experience to accompany them. Those who invest in professional credentials typically enjoy larger salaries among other benefits.
 Robert Half. “Which IT Certifications are Most Valuable?” The Robert Half Blog. October 4, 2018, https://www.roberthalf.com/blog/salaries-and-skills/which-it-certifications-are-most-valuable.
 Robert Half Technology (2018). Technology Salary Guide 2019. Menlo Park, CA: Robert Half International, Inc.
A version of this article also appears at ScottGraffius.com and Exceptional-PMO.com. Both of those sites and AgileScrumGuide.com are owned by Scott M. Graffius.
A fantastic agile transformation experience and result with a client organization in the entertainment industry was the inspiration for Scott M. Graffius’ book, Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions. The publication helps technical and non-technical teams develop and deliver products in short cycles with rapid adaptation to change, fast time-to-market, continuous improvement, and more. It has garnered 17 first place awards and credit is shared with Chris Hare and Colin Giffen, the technical editors on the publication. Scott and Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions have been featured in Yahoo Finance, the Boston Herald, NBC WRAL, the Dallas Business Journal, the PM World Journal, Learning Solutions, Innovation Management, and additional media publications. A trailer, high-resolution images, reviews, and a detailed list of awards are in the digital media kit. The book is offered in digital and print formats.
The ebook (ASIN: B01FZ0JIIY) is available in
- the Netherlands,
- the United Kingdom, and
- the United States.
The paperback (ISBN-13: 9781533370242) is for sale at
- Barnes & Noble,
- Strand Books,
- Harvard Book Store,
- The Booksmith,
- Hudson Booksellers,
- Savoy Bookshop & Café,
- Compass Books at SFO/Books Inc.,
- Books & Books - Miami,
- University Press Books - Berkeley,
- and other retailers and partners in the United States and around the world.
You're invited to:
- Check out our video channel which includes a trailer and more
- Read more articles in our blog
- Visit our digital media kit
- See Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions on Amazon
You're also invited to connect with us on social. Like us on Facebook and follow us on: